This is a somewhat smaller patch fixing some issues that have been reported by our players. We expect some larger updates for the next patch!
This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client. If you are using the game on the Window Store, we are still working to get the previous update with you as soon as possible, and to have this one follow soon after. We will update this thread when the Windows Store patches are live.
- Added new option to disable the camera automatically centering behind the player when strafing.
- Fixed problems where animals may not appear on a 2nd play-through of the game.
- Fixed a problem where occasionally the door to the Voice of God tomb is closed and cannot be opened.
- Fixed a problem causing the game to not start on machines with 32 or more hardware threads.
- Fixed some foliage flickering when Dynamic Foliage is set to High while the game is running 30fps or lower.
- Fixed artifacts when SSAO/HBAO+ was enabled in combination with SSAA.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, Build 615.5, that can be used to switch back to the previous version.