This patch adds updates related to the 20 Year Celebration Pack, the new Co-Op play for Endurance mode as well as various other fixes. For details please see below.
This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client. If you are using the game on the Windows Store, the update will be available soon, and will be downloaded by the Windows Store automatically.
Please note that you will need to use this version of the game to be able to properly get all features of the 20 Year Celebration Pack and Co-Op play for Endurance. If you have previously switched to a Beta to roll back to an earlier version please ensure you select ‘None’ as your Beta to ensure you are on the appropriate version to be able to play the new modes.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Pack
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Pack includes:
- “Blood Ties” single player story. Explore Lara’s childhood home in an hour of new Story Mode gameplay, and uncover a family mystery that will change her life forever.
- “Lara’s Nightmare” Mode. Lara’s worst nightmares come alive as hordes of the undead overrun her childhood home.
- “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting that will severely limit your save points, crafting materials, resources, ammunition, and health.
- 20 Year Celebration Content. Five classic Lara Croft skins as well as a reimagined outfit and gun that pays tribute to Lara’s trip to Antarctica in Tomb Raider III.
- Infected NPC Cards have been added to Remnant Resistance and Endurance Mode.
The 20 Year Celebration Pack will be automatically given to all Season Pass holders, as well as made available for individual purchase at 9:00am PDT.
Additional Season Pass Content
Also at 9:00am PDT we will grant all Season Pass holders the following packs:
- Apex Predator Pack
- Hope’s Bastion Pack
- Remnant Resistance Pack
- Sparrowhawk Pack
- Tactical Survivor Pack
The Valiant Explorer Pack will also be added to the Season Pass soon.
Endurance Mode Co-Op
A new online co-op expansion to Endurance mode lets fans raid tombs in a brutal wilderness together. Two players must team up to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies by night.
Endurance Mode Co-Op is available with this patch to everyone who already owns or purchases the Endurance Add-on.
- Rebalanced the single player Endurance experience and added a new Season 2 leaderboard.
- Added a safeguard to prevent Lara’s radio from being removed from her inventory.
- Added a safeguard to allow the player to turn in the Gulag Recon quest if the mission giver was unresponsive.
- Added a safeguard to prevent the challenge lanterns in Baba Yaga from disappearing.
- Fixed an issue that could lock out player control when turning in a mission in the Soviet Installation.
- Fixed an issue where the final cutscene would not trigger if a portable object was aimed while entering the tomb.
- Steam overlay in DX12 is now enabled by default, you can still disable it in your Steam settings if desirable.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, Build 668.1, that can be used to switch back to the previous version.